Me and "Memphis the Musical"

If you're a fan of musicals or paid much attention to the Tony Awards, you would have heard about Memphis the Musical.  The show was nominated for eight awards and won four: Best Musical, Best Book of a Musical, Best Original Score, and Best Orchestrations.  Now, Memphis and I have a bit of a history.

Ya see, when I did my first painting internship at the North Shore Music Theatre, Memphis was my very first show.  In fact, that was the very first show for Memphis!  It's world premiere was at NSMT.  The show holds a special place in my heart because it was my first and always has been my favorite.  It was the first time I painted a deck, scenery or props for any other show.  I loved playing with the props.  As you can see, I thought I made a good Huey Calhoun.
I've always had a hard time not playing with the props.

I was at the opening night after party, rubbing elbows with Chad Kimball and Montego Glover (nominated for Best Actor and Best Actress), and the rest of the award winning team.  That party was my first (and only) red carpet walk.
Yeah, that's a red carpet, and a crowd.

Congratulations Memphis!  I was there in the beginning!!!

Check out some of my other scenic painting endeavors HERE.
Me and my paint overalls (circa 2006)

If you liked this post you might like these:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...