Juggling Work and Motherhood

It's been almost 7 months since I left my in-house job as a graphic artist to stay home with my little dude and pursue my illustration career, and I couldn't be happier.  I'm still trying to figure out how to best balance freelance work with running the house and taking care of my little guy.  Some days I think I've got it all under control, other days I feel like I can't keep my head above water.

Since Luc was born I have been collecting stories on how other successful designers and artists balance motherhood and business.  There was a good amount of inspiration in Holly DeWolf's "Breaking into Freelance Illustration", the book that made me turn the corner and decide that I really could be a mom and a business woman at the same time.  I've also taken great inspiration from fellow illustrator moms like Gina Perry, Crystal Driedger, Jackie Decker.  Today I stumbled across a collection of great interviews called "Juggling Work and Motherhood" on A Cup of Jo.  They are mighty inspiring.

Come late December I'll be adding a bit more work to the mommy end of my life and will have to back off of the work aspect until I've learned to balance having an infant and a toddler.  I'll be referring again to all these great artists and designer moms to figure out (once again) how to balance it all.

To those business moms who might be reading this, how do you do it?

If you liked this post you might like these:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...