Project: Monkey Love

   Two of my good friends from college got married this past Saturday and I couldn't be happier for them.  They're fans of the classic sock monkey and even incorporated bits the stuffed friends into their reception decor.  Once the bride let me in on their subtle sock monkey references I decided not to wrap it, instead tying it with some cute blue ribbon.  I think having this painting on the gift table added to their fun event.





  
   The painting is created on 24"x24" gallery wrapped canvas.  I collaged old book paged, paper bags, and scraps of handmade paper onto the surface with Mod Podge.  I then added toning and more color with regular craft paint so that the surface would be matte and have a bit of a tooth. 

Process shot: Painting before colored pencil and additional acrylic toning
   Once that was all dried I went in with my trusty Prismacolor pencils, adding details and additional color and texture.  (More than once I had to check that I had the date correct.  Thanks to my husband and Aja Wells for keeping me on my toes).

   I'll say the bride and groom were more than pleased with the final results.  Congratulations Britt and Tommy!!!

If you liked this post you might like these:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...