Dinosaur Hooded Towel

I've got two weeks before Baby is set to enter the world (EEK!) so I've been busy doing more nesting than illustrating lately.  I made the little dude this hooded towel as a Christmas gift.  Luckily he's still at that naive 2 year old stage so when he saw me uploading the photos to the computer he had no clue what he was looking at.







I used Sew Like My Mom's tutorial as a jumping off point and ran with it.  (There are TONS more great tutorials out there so I'll spare you).  How about those sweet nostrils?  I contemplated putting dimensional eyelids on the eyes but decided I should save what little brain I have left since I'm going to be needing it in a couple weeks.

The spikes are doubled craft felt with detail stitching (which you can see a detail shot of HERE).  The teeth are two pieces of upcycled white polo shirt, sandwiched around a piece of white felt, and secured with a zig zag stitch.  I lined the hood with some green flannel to cover any raw terrycloth edges.  I used the same fabric to run bias tape over the spike seam and to make a handy loop on the backside.

I can't wait to take pictures of him actually wearing it!

If you liked this post you might like these:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...